Cacao Bliss Balls
By Michele Porter, Nutrition Coach at Love's Kitchen
Ingredients: makes at least 10
- 250g cashew nuts
- 250g desiccated coconut
- 250g pitted dates
- Brown rice syrup (sometimes called malt rice syrup) or other sweetener
- 125g raw cacao
- Blitz the cashews in a food processor until you get even crumbs.
- Add the coconut and do the same.
- Add the dates and blitz until broken down.
- Add the cacao and salt and blitz again.
- Add rice syrup a bit at a time, start with 2 tbsp then blitz and check the consistency - it should hold together in your hand when you squeeze it, if it crumbles, it needs more syrup or a bit of water. If it’s too squidgy, add a tiny bit more coconut.
- Remove from the mixer and form into ball shapes using the palms of your hands.
These are best kept in the fridge in a container, otherwise they can go a bit squidgy. They can be frozen for 2 months in an airtight container. Brown rice syrup is available from health food shops or from larger supermarkets, it’s less sweet than maple syrup.
Take some out on the go in a small food container, it doesn’t matter if it gets a bit squidgy - it’s a super healthy energy boosting snack!